Summer is over and soon it will be time to pull out your favorite automatic blankets and mattress pads to plug in, turn up and stay warm with. Fortunately for you, WestPoint Home's line of electric bedding products have been carefully designed and manufactured to provide you with years of comfort. Before you cuddle up with these toasty options, take a look at some "must know" information that will help you keep them in good condition.
- After taking your automatic blanket or mattress pad out of storage, it is always a good idea to launder it before use to get rid of dust and particles that may have accumulated. We recommend hand washing in warm water with a mild detergent (use the bathtub or a large sink.) Or, to machine wash, select the delicate cycle, presoak for 5-10 minutes, let the machine agitate for just 2-3 minutes, then forward to cool water rinse and let spin dry. This prevents blanket or mattress pad wires from becoming bent or worn from the agitation of the washing machine.
Please be sure to always remove the controller before washing.
- For drying, we recommend hang drying. However, clothes pins can damage the wires in the blanket or mattress pad. So for best results, hang your blanket or pad over two parallel clothing lines that are one foot apart from each other.
- Careful laundering is an important factor in the life of these electric products. Please keep the following "Do Not's" in mind:
Do not dry clean electric bedding products. Dry cleaning solvents may have a deteriorating effect on insulation of heating elements.Do not bleachDo not twist vigorouslyDo not ironDo not use commercial dryers or dryers at laundromats
At WestPoint Home, safety is a priority with our products, so when using our automatic blanket and mattress pads, please be sure to pay attention to these safety guidelines:
- Again, please remember to always remove controller before an automatic blanket or mattress pad comes in contact with water.
- Do not use an electric blanket with an infant, an immobile person, or anyone with poor blood circulation.
- Never tuck the wired area, the plug, or supply cord of an electric blanket under a mattress. The lack of ventilation can lead to the product overheating.
- Keep controller away from radiators and drafty areas that might become damp, such as an open window.
- Never use more than one automatic mattress pad or blanket together at one time.
- Keep all dogs, cats and other pets away from your blanket. This is an electrical appliance that can be harmful to them.
- Do not trap or pinch electric cords between bed slats, mattress or box springs, bed frames or against a wall or footboard.
- If a blanket or mattress pad does not work properly, discontinue its use immediately.
Now, with all this great information at your fingertips, you can turn up the heat and enjoy!